There are three options available to backup your MySQL databases:
1) Use the backup utility in the cPanel.
2) Manually backup using phpMyAdmin. To do this, follow these steps:
- Login to your cPanel and click phpMyAdmin icon in Databases section.
- Select the database you wish to export the backup from the drop-down list.
- Click on the Export Tab.
- Click the Select ALL link shown in blue. Make sure the radio button for SQL is selected
- Check the "Save as file", give it a file name and click GO button.
- You will be asked to save the .sql file to the hard drive and click OK button.
3) Use the command line in SSH.
>mysqldump -u username -p database_name > file.sql
Enter your password and this will put a copy of the database into file.sql